This feature works great for meetings where you would normally have an attendee “step into the hallway” while discussions are going on. Thesis defense meetings and interviews often need such features. Here’s how to use it:
- Make sure On Hold is enabled in your Zoom account:
- go to wakeforest-university.zoom.us
- select Settings on left
- select “In Meeting (Basic) on left
- scroll to find “Allow host to put an attendee on hold” and turn that option on
- Once in a meeting, you can simply hover over the attendee from the Manage Participants window, select More, then select “Put on hold”.
- The user will see the below message while on hold:
- Once you are ready for the attendee to come back into the meeting, just select “Take off hold” to allow them back in.