Changing Power Setting for the Wireless Adapter
Your ThinkPad T430s may have arrived with the power settings for your wireless card set to the “Maximum Power Saving” mode for all power conditions (battery and AC). While this condition can help stretch out battery life, it may also cause poor wireless connectivity and network speed. To configure your ThinkPad for maximum wireless connectivity, follow the instructions below.
- Right click the Power Manager icon either in the System Notification Area or on the Taskbar.
- Click the “Launch Power Manager” or the “Power Manager” menu item.
- Select the “Maximum Performance” power profile on the left then expand (click) the “Advanced settings” section.
- Under the advanced settings, change the “Power saving mode” options to “Maximum Performance” for the “Wireless adapter settings” section in both the Battery and AC columns.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Repeat this process for each of the power profiles that you would like to change.