Your ThinkPad X1 Carbon and Helix are equipped with a Mini DisplayPort, so that you may connect to an external monitor or the classroom multimedia projector. You can connect to the external display by:
- Connect your external display to the Mini DisplayPort connector on the ThinkPad. This connector is on the right side between the USB port and the headphone jack. You will need to use an adapter – either Mini DP to VGA or Mini DP to HDMI (depending on the connector in the classroom).
- Use the ThinkPad keyboard combination of Fn + F7 to open the Windows display dialog box.
- Select the display combination that you prefer to use. You may select:
When connecting an external display device, Windows will usually select the correct display resolution automatically. However, on occasion, Windows selects the incorrect resolution. You can correct this situation by:
- Minimize your open application windows until you have clear access to the Windows desktop.
- Right click on a blank area (no icons) on the desktop and choose the Screen resolution menu item.
- On the screen resolution dialog box, single click the display that you need to change.
- Then, select the appropriate resolution from the Resolution drop down list box.
- Click the Apply button. Windows will change the display to the chosen resolution and then prompt (ask) you to confirm the setting worked NOTE: Do not panic if the screen becomes scrambled and not viewable. If you do not confirm the setting in 15 seconds, Windows will revert the setting back to the previous condition.